This is our second year for THATCamp Kentucky – last year’s collaboration between Morehead State and UK brought in more than 30 scholars from near and far and we’re anticipating an even larger group this year! This year we’ve also got Kerri Hauman from Transylvania University and Laurie Henry with the KY P20 Innovation Lab (who partnered with Fayette County Public Schools to create the STEAM Academy). We hope to include many other institutions as well – it would be great if you could help us spread the word.
The agenda and sessions are determined by the participants – so be sure and come with ideas! Some of the ideas already generated by the steering team have included topics/forums/workshops such as:
- social media in and around the classroom
- GIS mapping and community-based service-learning projects
- virtual worlds and simulations for undergraduate research projects (e.g., UK island in Second Life)
- a Hackathon or a Maker’s Fair with youth from the FCPS STEAM Academy
- Wikipedia editing and article writing with Kentucky WikiProject members
- data visualization (geospatial mapping, social network analysis, statistical visualizations)